So there are days when all you and your OMGchildren want is pizza for dinner.
(For me, personally, this represents the majority of days. As you are maybe starting to notice.)
But of course the parents of your OMGchildren will probably be none too pleased with you if all of your meals with the kiddos are of the greasy, carb- and fat-laden variety.
(No accounting for taste, I know.)
So what’s the solution for pleasing you, your OMGchildren, and their parents? Zucchini Pizza!
The lovely folks at Green Lite Bites have come up with a fun recipe that combines veggies and pizza in a way that, ok, might not fool your OMGchildren into thinking that they are eating an actual slice of pizza–but will certainly make their taste buds happy with tomato and cheesy goodness.
And better yet, the recipe is so simple that your OMGchildren can help you cook!
Here’s what you need:
Here’s what you do:
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cut the zucchini in half longwise.
3. Scoop out the inside of the zucchini.
4. Chop up the scooped out zucchini pieces and place in a mixing bowl with the cheese, tomato paste, garlic powder and oregano. Mix well.
5. Place the zucchini mixture back into the hollowed zucchini halves. Top with the parmesan and parsley.
6. Bake for 25 minutes.